Campaign Nonviolence is a long-term grassroots movement for a culture of peace and nonviolence free from war, poverty, racism, environmental destruction and the epidemic of violence.
We invite people and organizations in the U.S. and worldwide to take action during CNV Action Week around the International Day of Peace, September 21. Together we will join our voices from around the planet to support a global nonviolent shift!
During this year’s Campaign Nonviolence Week, September 16-24, 2017 our goal is 1000+ marches, vigils, rallies and more for a culture of peace and nonviolence in cities and towns in all 50 states and in nations around the world. Together we will march against violence and for a world of peace, justice and sustainability. We will connect the dots between war, poverty, racism, climate change, and the epidemic of violence — and join forces for a culture of peace.
Plan a march and other nonviolent actions such as vigils, rallies and more! Let us know that you will be planning a nonviolent action during CNV Action Week by filling out the form on the right and well add your information to the bottom of this page soon. Once you have your action details you’ll be able to post them here.
Mark your calendars for September 16-24, 2017 and start planning now!
To support these powerful forms of action, Campaign Nonviolence invites people everywhere to:
- Take the Campaign Nonviolence Pledge
- Join the next National Organizing Conference Call to plan your September Action! Next one is August 29, 2017 – RSVP here!
- Host or attend a Campaign Nonviolence Skill-Building Workshop
- Watch what happened at the 2015 Campaign Nonviolence National Conference
- Start a Campaign Nonviolence Study Group
- Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter
- Find tools and resources for building Campaign Nonviolence and your CNV action. Get the CNV action toolkit, flyers, graphics, action ideas and more!
- Read our blog post on 10 Tips for Great Actions
- Get inspired! See a list of the 2014 Week of Actions here, the 2015 Week of Actions here and the 2016 Week of Actions here!
Campaign Nonviolence was launched September 21-27, 2014 with 238 marches, rallies, vigils, fasts and festivals across the nation. In 2015, 370 actions took place and 758 actions were organized in 2016. Some groups organized several events during the week, and a number hosted an event virtually everyday during Campaign Nonviolence Week, including Memphis, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Boise and other cities. We encourage you to consider following their lead and organize more than one action in your city next September!
Below you will find a list of individuals and groups who are planning a nonviolent action September 16-24, 2017. If you are in their area and would like to participate, contact them to coordinate an action. Or plan your own action and get your event listed by signing up in the blue box on the top right of this page to let us know you’ll participate and we’ll add your contact info below soon. Once you have your actions details, you can post them here. We’ll remind you to send us those details as we get closer to September!
Please keep in mind that Campaign Nonviolence reserves the right to remove any action at anytime that we feel violates our vision or policies. We expect actions to follow nonviolent guidelines and to focus on efforts that connect the dots between issues related to war, poverty, racism and environmental destruction.