(This is section 19 of the World Beyond War white paper A Global Security System: An Alternative to War. Continue to preceding | following section.)
“Conflicts typical of the contemporary world cannot be resolved at gunpoint. They require not a recalibration of military tools and strategies but a far-reaching commitment to demilitarization.”
Tom Hastings (Author and Professor of Conflict Resolution)
* Shift to a Non-Provocative Defense Posture
* Create a Nonviolent, Civilian-Based Defense Force
* Phase Out Foreign Military Bases
* End Invasions and Occupations
* Realign Military Spending, Convert Infrastructure to Produce Funding For Civilian Needs (Economic Conversion)
* Reconfigure The Response to Terrorism
* Dismantle Military Alliances
(Continue to preceding | following section.)
We want to hear from you! (Please share comments below)
How has this led you to think differently about alternatives to war?
What would you add, or change, or question about this?
What can you do to help more people understand about these alternatives to war?
How can you take action to make this alternative to war a reality?
Please share this material widely!
See full table of contents for A Global Security System: An Alternative to War
War makes profits for Corporations , Industries , Businesses and Banks . War should be nonprofitable . Corporations , Industries , Businesses should be charged huge taxes , After all they are the ones getting paid in taxes which becomes their profit . Banks profit from both sides , charging huge interests on an unpayable debt . Banks should be charged a massive surtax on their profits as it’s a profit inured from war . End the Profits from War and end War .