By David Swanson, World BEYOND War, January 5, 2022
1. Join an online celebration of the peace advocacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on January 12, with
- Reverend Dr. Liz Theoharis of the Poor People’s Campaign
- Pastor Michael McBride of Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft
- Judith LeBlanc of Native Organizers Alliance
- Daniel Ellsberg
- Khury Petersen-Smith of Institute for Policy Studies
- David Swanson of World BEYOND War
- Norman Solomon
- Hanieh Jodat – Moderator
2. Join in a week of actions wherever you are for peace in Ukraine, January 13-22. Learn more and find or create an event here.
3. Join weeks of actions wherever you are for peace in Ukraine, January 13-27. Learn more and find or create an event here.
4. Take to the streets Sat. Jan. 14 in New York City: Peace in Ukraine – Yes! NATO expansion – NO!
5. “Reimagining King’s Vision – The Fierce Urgency of Now” will take place on Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King’s birthday, Sunday, January 15 from 4-5:30 pm EST. Go here.
6. Celebrate the anniversary of nuclear weapons being banned on January 22! Learn more and find or create an event here.
7. Make plans to be in Washington D.C. on February 19 for the Rage Against the War Machine anti-war rally (or plan your own where you are). Information on busses will be on the website soon: https://rageagainstwar.com
8. Make plans to join the No to NATO conference in London on February 25.
9. And join the Stop The War In Ukraine protest in London on February 25.
Where to find (or add) all peace events: https://worldbeyondwar.org/events
Where to find gear to wear: https://wbw-shop.fourthwall.com
Where to find sign-up sheets to bring and help build the movement for a world beyond war: https://worldbeyondwar.org/resources?type=signupsheet