October 4-11, 2014
Keep Space for Peace Week
International Week of Protest to
Stop the Militarization of Space
Stop Drones Surveillance & Killing
No Missile Defense
No to NATO Expansion
End Corporate Domination of Foreign/Military Policy
Convert the Military Industrial Complex
Deal with climate change and global poverty
List in formation
- Aberporth, West Wales (Sept 21) CND Cymru has a demonstration at the drones testing centre totally in the spirit of Keep Space for Peace Week. email@example.com
- Andover, Massachusetts (Oct 9) Vigil in front of Raytheon, 350 Lowell St (Rte 133) 7:00-8:00 am. Merrimack Valley People for Peace firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bath Iron Works, Maine (Oct 4) Vigil across from administration building on Washington Street (Navy Aegis destroyers outfitted with “missile defense” systems built at BIW) 11:30-12:30 am Smilin’ Trees Disarmament Farm (207) 763-4062
- Berlin, Germany (Oct 4) Fly Kites, Not Drones! Gather in front of the German Parliament at 11:00 am and fly kites to make clear that we do not want to be threatened by drones and we do not want people anywhere to be threatened by drones. Then at 15:00, we will meet in parks throughout the city and fly kites to continue our protest. email@example.com
- Berlin, Germany (Oct 3-5) Anti-War Conference Berlin at Haus der Demokratie und Menschenrechte. An initiative of scientists and journalists against militarization in Germany and in the member states of European Union and NATO. The conference will focus on new dimensions in the preparation and conduct of war through the use of information technology, media propaganda and recently developed weapons such as drones. http://antikriegskonferenz.de/
- RAF Croughton, England (Oct 5) Rally at U.S. satellite communication base, March to main gate 1 mile – starts Croughton village 12.00 midday, Returns 3:00 pm, Oxfordshire Peace Campaign, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Davis-Monthan AFB, Tucson Arizona (Oct 4) Vigil at this drone base at 10:00 a.m. (Craycroft gate at Golf Links Rd.) Contact Felice or Jack Cohen-Joppa at email@example.com (520)323-8697
- Indore, India (Oct 9) Protest meeting “Space for Peace and Not for War” at Indore in the State of Madhya Pradesh by Centre for Peace, Disarmament and Development Studies. Dr.Tapan Bhattacharya will be the Organiser. firstname.lastname@example.org
- King of Prussia, PA (Oct 11) Noon – 3pm, large MQ-9 Reaper Drone Replica Display and kite flying in front of Lockheed Martin (L-M) at intersection of Mall & Goddard Boulevards. L-M is making a killing in drone war and surveillance technology, building the remote-controlled unmanned planes and satellites that direct the drones and launch their deadly Hellfire missiles which L-M also builds. For more info Brandywine Peace Community, (610) 544-1818 email@example.com or www.brandywinepeace.com
- Maine Walk for Peace & a Sustainable Future (Oct 11-20) Peace walk led by Nipponzan Myohoji from Rangeley to North Berwick. The walk will protest the growing militarization of the Maine economy and will call for conversion to sustainable production to help deal with climate change. Sponsored by Maine Veterans For Peace. www.vfpmaine.org
- Menwith Hill, England (Oct 11) Demonstration at NSA Spy Base in Yorkshire focused on drones in particular and US missile defense in general. 6-8 pm. Sponsored by CAAB firstname.lastname@example.org or 01423 884076
- Nagpur, India (Oct 4) Demonstration “Space for Peace and Not for War” by the students of Matru Sewa Sangh Institute of Social Work. Nagpur, Maharashtra State. Prof. Jyoti Niswade will be the organizer email@example.com
- Nagpur, India (Oct 5) Mass Squatting (sitting in protest) “Space for Peace and Not for War” by the S.E.C. Rly Pensioners Assn and Progressive Railway Women’s Organisation at Nagpur, State of Maharashtra. (Ms. Seema Sondiya and Mrs. J. Saraswati are the organizers) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nagpur, India (Oct 6) “Space for Peace and Not for War” Rally of students of National Institute of Social Work, Nagpur in the State of Maharashtra. email@example.com
- Olympia, Washington (Sept 27) Holly Gwinn Graham in concert at Traditions Cafe informing about space week and inviting actions and participation in vigiling during the week firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stockholm, Sweden (Oct 4) Standing demo in front of parliament, Mynttorget. 11.00-13.00 Banners and handing out leaflets against ‘nEUROn’ drone which will be launched in 2015 in the north of Sweden at North European Aerospace Test Range. nEUROn is an experimental Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle being developed with international cooperation, led by the French company Dassault Aviation along with Switzerland, Spain, and Greece. Contact: Agneta Norberg email@example.com
- Stuttgart, Germany (Oct 4) Protest against Drones and AFRICOM at 02:00 pm at AFRICOM Headquarters. More information to come!
- Vandenberg AFB, CA (Oct 1) Vigil at space warfare base from 3:30 to 4:45. Contact Dennis Apel at (805) 343-6322
- Volk Field, Wisconsin (Oct 4) Air National Guard Base 90 minutes north of Madison. They train pilots to fly Shadow drones used for surveillance and target acquisition. Vigiling at the gates for 2 1/2 years. Plan to go to a rest area on Interstate about 10 miles south of Volk Field. There is a lot of traffic there and we will leaflet and talk to people about what is happening at Volk Field. Joyfirst5@gmail.com
- Weld County, Colorado (Oct 4) Protest vigil at N8 nuclear missile silo on the 12th Anniversary of our Sacred Earth and Space Plowshares II, 2002. We join all the other lovers of space, land, water and air people and creatures who know and trust that peace is possible.
– Keep Space for Peace Week is co-sponsored by the Women’s International League for Peace & Freedom, KnowDrones.com and the Drone Campaign Network (UK)
– October 4 is also a Global Action Day Against the Use of Drones for Surveillance & Killing and is being sponsored by a host of groups around the world. See more at http://globaldayofaction.nationbuilder.com/
- Download our full-size space week poster at: http://www.space4peace.org/actions/Keep%20Space%20for%20Peacer%20Poster%202014.pdf
Please note there will be a Keep Space for Peace demonstration outside the main gates of NSA/NRO (RAF) Menwith Hill near Harrogate North Yorkshire UK at 6pm on Tuesday 8th October 2019.
On Saturday 12th October 2019 There will be a talk about Keep Space for Peace at the Quaker Meeting in Harrogate at 6pm. Main speaker will be Prof David Webb.
Both events jointly organised by Menwith Hill Accountability Campaign and CND.
Glad to hear it!