(This is section 32 of the World Beyond War white paper A Global Security System: An Alternative to War. Continue to preceding | following section.)
The reactionary approaches and established institutions for managing international and civil conflicts have proven to be insufficient and often inadequate. We propose a series of improvements:
* Shifting To A Pro-Active Posture
* Strengthening International Institutions
* Reforming the United Nations
* Strengthen the International Court of Justice
* Strengthen the International Criminal Court
* Nonviolent Intervention: Civilian Peacekeeping Forces
* International Law
* Encourage Compliance With Existing Treaties
* Create New Treaties
* Create a Stable, Fair and Sustainable Global Economy as a Foundation for Peace
* Democratize International Economic Institutions (WTO, IMF, IBRD)
* Create an Environmentally Sustainable Global Marshall Plan
* A Proposal For Starting Over: A Democratic, Citizens Global Parliament
(Continue to preceding | following section.)
We want to hear from you! (Please share comments below)
How has this led you to think differently about alternatives to war?
What would you add, or change, or question about this?
What can you do to help more people understand about these alternatives to war?
How can you take action to make this alternative to war a reality?
Please share this material widely!
See full table of contents for A Global Security System: An Alternative to War