By World BEYOND War, April 21, 2022
The war in Ukraine rages on, and the war mentality, promoted by propaganda on all sides, generates ever more devotion to keeping it going, even escalating it, even considering repeating it in Finland or elsewhere based on having “learned” precisely the wrong “lesson.” The bodies pile up. The threat of famine looms over many countries. The risk of nuclear apocalypse grows. The impediments to positive action for the climate are strengthened. Militarization expands.
We desperately need a global call for a ceasefire and serious negotiations — meaning negotiations that will partially please and displease all sides but end the horror of war, halt the madness of sacrificing more lives in the name those already slaughtered. Basta! Enough is enough. Let’s all turn out on May 7th. No need to travel. Do local events. Do them by the thousands. Even if it’s two people with signs on a corner. Do your event and list it on the map of events and send us reports and photos and videos.
Find sample letters to editors here and modify them (or not) as you like and submit them to your local media outlets along with plans for your event.
Find a powerpoint / slideshow presentation you can modify (or not) and use here.
Read this Statement from the Ukrainian Pacifist Movement.
A new report from Just World Educational proposes:
1. Ukraine-wide ceasefire now!
2. An embargo on arms shipments into Ukraine by all countries.
3. Start negotiations now, involving all relevant parties, for a lasting peace arrangement for Ukraine, and commit to completion within six months.
4. Monitoring and verification of the ceasefire and arms embargo to be led by the United Nations and the OSCE, or any other party acceptable to both
Ukraine and Russia.
5. Immediate aid for rebuilding in Ukraine, including for agriculture, ports, residential areas, and related systems.
6. Immediate international talks on implementation of 1970 Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, under which all signatory states including the United
States and Russia committed to complete nuclear disarmament, and a call for all governments to support the 2017 Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
7. Leaders of NATO countries should oppose all manifestations of Russophobia.
8. The United States should give up all efforts at regime change in Russia.
The basic outlines of an agreement were known years before the Russian invasion and now include:
- A comprehensive ceasefire.
- Withdrawal of Russian forces.
- A Ukrainian commitment to international neutrality.
- An agreement or referendum on the future of the Donbas region.
The U.S. can support peace by:
- Agreeing to lift sanctions if Russia keeps its side of a peace agreement.
- Committing humanitarian assistance to Ukraine instead of more weapons.
- Ruling out further escalation of the war, such as a “no fly zone.”
- Agreeing to end NATO expansion and committing to renewed diplomacy with Russia.
- Supporting international law, not weaponizing it.
Watch this recent webinar:
No revolutions without dancing:
5-2-2022, war is not the answer to freedom and happiness, ever!!!
5-2-2022, ON-GOING SELFISH, CRAZY WARS FOR PROFIT AND CONTROL IN NOT THE ANSWER VLADAMIR PUTIN, HITLER, MUZOLIN NI, STALIN, BOROSHENKO, AND HUNDREDS/THOUANDS OF MENTL-CASE, SELFISH, HATEFUL DONALD J. TRAMP, SR., TRAMP FAMILIES AND OTHERS FOREVER!!!
We call on all countries everywhere in this wonderful world to stop investing in the military sector and to contribute to building up values of humanity and just long-lasting peace for the good of mankind!We are all one! I challenge you to find your inner peace which will lead you to world peace!!