By John Miksad, World BEYOND War, January 6, 2022
Many of us make resolutions this time of year. These are some of the New Year’s Resolutions I’d like to see my country make.
- The United States resolves to engage with all nations to reduce or eliminate the real threats of climate change, pandemics, and nuclear war that face us as a global community.
- The United States resolves to work with all nations to create meaningful and verifiable cyber security treaties to eliminate the threats posed by cyber warfare to the people of the world.
- The United States resolves to work tirelessly for justice and advocate for human rights.
- The United States resolves to end all arms races… conventional weapons, nuclear weapons, space weapons, and chemical and biological weapons. Convert weapons sales and military aid to other nations into humanitarian aid where its most needed.
- The United States resolves to end all unilateral economic sanctions, blockades, and embargoes on other nations. They are all forms of economic warfare.
- The United States resolves to honor the sovereignty of all nations and the international justice system.
- The United States resolves to sign and ratify international treaties that foster peace, reduce human suffering, and promote human rights and commit itself to abide by the UN Charter and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- The United States resolves to work relentlessly for peace and pursue international dialog and diplomacy with all nations in order to avoid the use of militarism.
- The United States resolves to work to democratize international institutions including the United Nations, IMF, World Bank, and others so that all nation’s interests are fairly represented.
- The United States resolves to end active support for all nations that commit systemic violence, oppression, or human rights abuses.
- The United States resolves to end the demonization of others.
- The United States resolves to focus on the needs of humans and the ecosystems needed for life by:
- Working to ensure every citizen has access to clean water.
- Working to ensure every citizen has knowledge of and access to nutritious food.
- Working to address the drug, alcohol, and sugar addictions in this country in a compassionate and constructive way.
- Working to eliminate for profit prisons.
- Working to make sure every child has access to high quality education (including higher education) regardless of zip code or income level.
- Working to eliminate poverty with actual plans and targets.
- Working to eliminate homelessness with actual plans and targets.
- Working to ensure a living wage, sick time, and benefits for all workers.
- Making sure no citizen who has worked their entire life and has done all the right things needs to work beyond 65 years old to financially survive.
- Providing universal physical and mental healthcare for all of its citizens.
- Working to restore faith in its government by embracing the democratic ideals promised in its founding documents and carrying out systemic reforms to realize them.
- Working to reduce wealth and income inequality with actual plans and targets.
- Working to advance its culture by ending racism, bigotry, misogyny in all of its forms.
- Working to understand and reduce the root causes of violence in all of its forms.
- Working to phase out the brutality of industrial farming.
- Working to create a sustainable economy; one that does not require endless consumerism and infinite growth on a finite planet.
- Working to create a sustainable agriculture model.
- Working to convert the military and fossil fuel industries to sustainable and life sustaining industries and protect all employees affected from economic harm using all means possible including federal paid wages and benefits during the transition.
John Miksad of Wilton is a Volunteer Chapter Coordinator for World BEYOND War.
GQP EVIL BASTARDS…..
August 6, 2019
Ring around the polls
Republicans on their toes
Much to disclose
Time to expose…..
(published Dec. 1992)
I thank the Democrats for all they have done, over the 76 years of my life.
We need to speak to the people about Republican hindrance and how they have
effected our countries progress and hurt most of our citizens. Starting with,
President Obama, we need to inform our citizens; how the Republicans refused to pass Democratic legislation, spell out HOW it affected the country and “we citizens.” Every time a congressman or congresswomen speak, have at least 1 example. Unstable 45 should be exposed.. The robber barons have been the Democratic down fall. They are the real enemies!
Our Governments self-serving bureaucracy
Corporate greed/lack of responsibility
Peoples’ prejudice/loss of integrity
Organized religion, the medical community
Scores more, ripping-off humanity
America! The land of the free!?
We need to get coverage on local News channels. Even the fox brainwashed,
watch the local News.
Save our Country from crimes against all Americans and the Constitution.
Continue to fight.
Especially the police racist policies. Name the Democratic bills that are being pigeonholed!