We’re organizing a week (a bit more in fact) of events and actions around the globe between March 27 and April 6 this year. It’s not too soon to start planning, and we can help.
Check out the speakers in our speakers bureau. You may want to invite one or more of them to speak — in person or via live or recorded video. We can make something work!Numerous successful events have already been held that have screened some of our recently recorded videos, such as these:
We can also work with you to help prepare you to make a World Beyond War presentation yourself! Are you or would you like to be a public speaker? Contact us for assistance!
Speaking about ending war can be quite easy, informative, and entertaining if you use one of these power point or prezi slide presentations:
- A Mapping War and Peace Prezi.
- WBW Prezi (Prepare for your event with this Prezi using these resources: the prezi in a PDF and in-depth information to present with the prezi: PDF.)
- A Global Security System Power Point (Ideal to accompany an event focused on this book, but can also stand on its own.)
- Is Peace Possible? Power Point by Russ Faure-Brac. (Also in older version of Power Point.)
- Psychopathy and Propaganda Power Point by Coleen Rowley. (Also in older version of Power Point.)
How an event can build a movement:
Use flyers, sign-up cards, sign-up sheets. You can let every person at your event sign the peace pledge and indicate how they’d like to be involved. You can use your sign-up sheets to build your local email list and to build World Beyond War’s — Just type the info in on the peace pledge page or into a spread sheet that you email to WBW, or photograph the sheets and email us that, or mail hardcopies to World Beyond War, PO Box 1484, Charlottesville VA 22902, USA.
How an event can raise funds for your local group and/or World Beyond War:
Wear sky blue scarves and bracelets. Contact WBW here about getting a supply of scarves and/or buttons and/org books to use for raising funds for WBW. And collect donations.
You can also buy a supply of shirts, stickers, cups, etc. and resell them at cost or for profit.
Here’s a sign you can modify and use that offers people buttons, scarves, and books for various levels of donations.
Here’s a form for keeping track of people who need to have free books mailed to them by WBW.
Here are receipts for people who make donations to WBW and request a receipt.
World Beyond War Director